Kemin Industries, a global nutritional ingredients company with expertise in ruminant nutrition, has launched the “Kemin Reference Manual for Ruminant Amino Acid Formulation” as part of its ongoing Kemin Lifelong Learning program.
Written by experienced professionals and industry experts for nutritionists and technicians in the dairy market, the book focuses on how to formulate in different contexts and amino acid nutrition systems. Beyond formulation, the book inspires a new way to think about increasing revenue and profitability in dairy farming.
“As experts in a world of highly competitive dairy farming, we believe it is our responsibility to provide customers with a thorough understanding of how protein metabolism can benefit their operation,” said Javier Mateos, business manager ruminants for Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health, EMEA. “Through the last 10 years of the Kemin Lifelong Learning program, we’ve shared cutting-edge science, strategies, approaches and useful tools for customers to deepen their understanding of amino acid implementation.”
Amino acid nutrition has important functions in metabolism, with a significant influence on an animal’s health, fertility, and oxidative and inflammatory status. It can help dairy animals overcome challenges and stresses throughout the complete lactation period, including the transition phase.
“The new book will be a valuable tool because it not only explains how to formulate in different nutrition systems, it also helps customers understand protein metabolism and tie key concepts back to gaining precision in diets,” said Dr. Diego Martínez, product manager amino acids for Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health, EMEA.
Table of contents for the “Kemin Reference Manual for Ruminant Amino Acid Formulation”:
- Introduction by Javier Mateos, Javier López, Dr. Diego Martínez
- The Basics of Amino Acid Nutrition by Mohammad Al Rifai
- Amino Acid Nutrition in the French INRA System by Anthony Mercier, Damien David
- Amino Acid Formulation in European Systems: DVE, TMP, FIM, NORFOR, EXTENDED NXP by Dr. Angela Schröder, Kimberley Vriesinga, Lani Scholtz, Dr. Katharina Pfeil, Niels Justesen
- Amino Acid Nutrition in the NRC and CNCPS Systems by Mohammad Al Rifai, Waqar Khan
- Balancing Amino Acids to Improve Efficiency in Dairy Nutrition by Dr. Ivan Eisner, Anthony Mercier
- Amino Acids in Fertility, Reproduction and Epigenetics by Dmitry Glukhov
- Amino Acids and Health Status by Dmitry Glukhov
- Amino Acid Nutrition, Milk Characteristics and Cheese Manufacture by Javier Mateos, Javier López, Jaime Magdalena, Dr. Diego Martínez
- Practical Ration Formulation: R-AA-TION BALANCER™ by Dr. Ivan Eisner, Dr. Stefano Mattuzzi, Marcin Maj
- Feeding Rations without Soya for High Producing Dairy Cows: Secrets of Success by
- Dr. Ivan Eisner, Dr. Angela Schröder, Dr. Katharina Pfeil