Product will be extension to Bestmix management system
Nutrition software supplier Adifo has launched a cloud-based collaborative platform as an extension to Bestmix, the company’s profit-driven feed formulation and recipe management system. According to Adifo, the extension platform aims to revolutionize the information interchange between nutrition experts and the outside world to the benefit of all parties involved, including feed advisers, external partners and customers.
The Formulation as a Service solution — securely implemented in the cloud — gives users online access to part of a nutrition company’s Bestmix database. Users can retrieve minute-precise market data, rely on up-to-date equations and use formulation functionality at any time. They can also record project or customer-specific data such as purchase costs and specifications.
Collaborative interaction will be significantly improved, according to Adifo. For example:
- Account managers and independent consultants will simulate adaptations to recipes to meet specific customer demands and evaluate immediately the cost impact of their adaptations.
- Internal departments such as marketing, sales and quality assurance will produce their own data and reports without compromising core data.
- External interested parties will be able to sign knowledge contracts with the nutrition company and take advantage of nutritional know-how.
- Research centers will want to use the system to unlock their nutritional knowledge to interested parties all over the world.
- The formulation department can learn about evolving customer preferences by analyzing adaptations made by the client.
The new platform will be launched and demonstrated at the 2013 International Production & Processing Expo, being held January 29–31, in Atlanta, Ga.