Show registers largest number of exhibitors in a decade
The 2013 International Production & Processing Expo has surpassed 400,000 net square feet in exhibit space, covering over 20 acres of exhibit area, according to show organizers.
Comprised of three integrated tradeshows — the International Poultry Expo, the International Feed Expo and the American Meat Institute’s International Meat Expo — more than 970 exhibitors have registered for the 2013 International Production & Processing Expo as of the beginning of September. This is the largest exhibitor count in a decade, said organizers.
The global poultry, feed and meat industry tradeshow will be held Tuesday through Thursday, January 29–31, 2013, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Ga. The expo will highlight the latest technology, equipment and services used in the production and processing of poultry, meat and feed products. It will also feature education programs addressing current industry issues.
Workshops and education programs will be held from January 28 through February 1, 2013, and will include the annual line-up of the International Poultry Scientific Forum, Pet Food Conference, Animal Agricultural Sustainability Summit, and the American Feed Industry Association’s International Feed Education Program. New for 2013 are the following educational programs:
- Improving Food Safety, Sanitation and Maintenance
- Animal Handling: Focus on Poultry Processing
- Antibiotic Conference — Current Issues for the Poultry & Egg Industry
- USPOULTRY/United Egg Producers Conference on the Future of the U.S. Egg Industry
- Meat & Poultry Research Conference
- Processed Meats Workshop
- Consumer Trends — Best New Meat and Poultry Products
- Operations: Risk Management & Lifecycle Analysis
- International Regulatory Topics for Meat
Back by popular demand is the National Renderers Association’s International Rendering Symposium and the Poultry Market Intelligence Forum.
2013 show hours:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 30, 2013: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday, January 31, 2013: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.