Fire damages machinery at Land O’Lakes Purina feed mill

No injuries reported, damage limited

Malfunctioning machinery sparked a fire at the Land O’Lakes Purina feed mill in McMinnville, Oregon. Firefighters report they have put out the fire and no injuries were reported.

The fire was in the rolling mill cooler in the basement of the mill. Firefighters say they put out small fires that spread to the upper levels through piping.

Damage was reported to be limited to the machinery and its contents. No dollar estimate for the damage was available.