China released its five-year plan for the feed industry on October 12 with the goal of shifting China from being a feed producer to a feed industrial power.
The plan placed the following requirements on the Chinese feed industry:
- 200 million tons of feed should be produced annually by 2015
- full domestic supply of all major feed additives should be realized
- 95% of feed products should pass quality tests
- the number of feed enterprises with an annual output of more than 500,000 tons should reach 50 and be responsible for 50% of total national feed production
- 10 million tons of straw for feed use should be increased and the utilization rate of straw should reach 50%