Partnership with Keybio promises potential for major product development
Pancosma has acquired an 80 percent majority shareholding in Jangsu Keybio Biology Technology Co. Ltd., a Chinese company that specializes in additives. The remaining 20 percent of the capital is retained by Jangsu Hanshang Import & Export Co. Ltd. which is Pancosma’s longstanding partner in China.
“Pancosma’s strong momentum and numerous investments worldwide, coupled with Keybio’s strengths, promise the potential for major product development and quality solutions for the Chinese market,” said Haoming Zhang, CEO of JH Import & Export Co. Ltd., confirming his commitment to Pancosma.
Strengthening position in China
China is the world’s largest market in animal nutrition with more than 180 million tons of feed produced every year.
Dr. Goetz Gotterbarm, CEO of Pancosma said: “This partnership strengthens our position in China. Pancosma will invest in high-profile encapsulation technologies on the Zhangjiagang site. Once completed, Pancosma’s portfolio and approach will be fully available to the Chinese market, in particular, our proven science-minded technologies as well as high-profile tailor-made solutions for Chinese customers.”
The merger of the two companies favors the deployment of Pancosma’s latest advances in research and development in China. It also guarantees high-level international expertise on the ground. The construction of the new production site, coupled with the employment of additional local skills, will enable Pancosma to better meet the substantial needs of the Chinese market.