Project focuses on export and import substitution
As the first phase of the Belarusian agro-industrial complex (BNBC) is coming to an end, Zhengchang is planning for the second phase of the project. We interviewed the heads of various department in charge and listened to their opinions.
The Belarusian National Biotechnological Corporation is the largest and unique agro-industrial complex in the Republic of Belarus and on the territory of the entire former USSR.
This is a modern, high-tech project focused on export and import substitution. The main goal is the organization of deep grain processing, the production of highly productive balanced compound feeds and premixes.
Part of the complex is the factories created by the forces of the Zhengchang company. They include:
– silos for cleaning and storage grain;
– conveyor system for moving grain to feed mills;
– production of compound feeds for cattle and poultry
– production of compound feeds for pigs
“All equipment is designed and manufactured for production of feed for animals of different age group.”
—— Alexander Bildyukevich, deputy director of BNBC
Initially, raw grain is delivered by rail and motor transport to the granary (to silos). Unloading is carried out by the operators of the granary into silos in accordance with the quality, type, batch of raw materials. The meal is delivered by rail directly to the operational bin. A plant for the production of compound feeds for cattle and poultry. To obtain a ready-made balanced feed, the plant provides for successive stages of the production process.
First stage is the production of loose compound feed. At this plant, it is carried out in two sections:
A – for poultry
B – for cattle.
And includes a sequential set of operations:
- Grain supply from operational tanks, cleaning from metal-magnetic impurities, moving to the mill;
– feeding of meal from operational tanks, cleaning from impurities, moving to the mill;
– feeding of container protein raw materials into blockage pits, cleaning from large and metal-magnetic impurities, moving to crushing.
- Milling of the purified raw materials and moving it to dosing and mixing.
- Feeding and cleaning of mineral and protein raw materials from large and metal-magnetic impurities, moving to dosing and mixing.
- Supply of liquid components for dosing and mixing from operational tanks:
– oil (two sections)
– molasses (only for section B)
– liquid methionine (only for section A)
- Manual input and dosing of micro-components for mixing.
“Production parameters: mixing, pelleting are perfectly adjusted.
The high-tech equipment of the Zhengchang company is mainly used.
This makes possibility to produce high-quality products and also supply it abroad.”
——Anastasia Chaiko, Head of poultry and cattle line
The second stage is the pelleting of feed:
- Feeding and cleaning of feed from large and metal-magnetic impurities.
- Steam treatment of feed at certain parameters of temperature and steam pressure.
- The pelleting process.
- The cooling process.
- Crumbling of pellets into grits (if it is required for the customer).
- Sifting of pellets to obtain a high-quality commercial type of feed.
- Ready-made pellets (or grits) are served for packaging in bags and big bags or to the point of bulk shipment.
- The laying of bags on pallets is robotic.
“The plant for the production of compound feeds for pigs is similar in type of equipment and technological processes. It differs in the number of production lines and the presence of an extruder.”
——Konstantin Gordeev, Head of pig line