The American Feed Industry Association’s (AFIA) Equipment Manufacturers Committee is accepting applications from universities for its two new scholarship opportunities. The scholarships, valued at $2,500 each, will support students who have chosen educational pathways in the feed and grain industry at a qualified, higher educational institution. “The first EMC scholarship partnership began with Kansas State University,” said Keith Epperson, AFIA’s vice president of manufacturing and training. “With the help of IFEEDER (the Institute for Feed Education and Research), EMC is now searching for two additional universities to partner with beginning in spring 2014.” The awarded scholarships are for a five-year commitment with the selected universities. Applicants must provide degreed academic programs in the field of feed or grain sciences or other industry related programs, maintain a cooperative and active working relationship with AFIA, and a willingness to periodically report to EMC about the direction of the program and distribution of the scholarship awards. Qualified institutions are asked to provide detailed information on all the requested items below. Institutional applicants will be evaluated based on their responses.
A summary of the degreed programs in feed, milling or grain sciences
- A review of the typical number of students enrolled in feed, milling or grain programs and the average number of yearly graduates including recent trends about enrollment in those program
- Mission or vision statements of institutions programs or department
- Three- to five-year strategic plan for institutions programs or departments
- A description of the institution’s on-site facilities
- A review of any internship programs
- Examples of research data or support provided to the industry Applications are to be submitted electronically to [email protected] by Feb. 15.