The COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting shutdowns of schools, businesses and foodservices outlets caused an enormous shift in how U.S. consumers purchase food. The entire chicken supply chain had to adapt to this shift.
Chicken Marketing Summit will shine a light on what consumers will be looking for in the post-pandemic world and how poultry marketers can find success in the marketplace.
Make plans to attend the 2021 edition of Chicken Marketing Summit scheduled for July 18-20, 2021 at the Omni Amelia Island Resort in Fernandina Beach, Florida. The in-person conference, along with an on-demand program released after the event, will offer quality content and networking, keeping health and safety in mind.
Registration will open April 5, 2021.
The 2021 edition features the forward-looking theme, “Charting post-pandemic success.” Globally recognized speakers and panelists will provide creative solutions for how chicken sales and marketing professionals can connect with the post-pandemic consumer and learn what’s next for retail and foodservice businesses.
Agenda and speaker preview:
- The future of food: Keeping chicken on the center of the plate – by Kevin Ryan, CEO, Malachite Consulting
- Animal protein demand coming out of the pandemics – by Will Sawyer, lead economist, animal protein, CoBank
- Winning strategies for foodservice post pandemic – by Kelley Bailie Fechner, director, customer solutions, Datassential
- Trade outlook: ASF and COVID-19 and future chicken trade – by Jim Sumner, president, USAPEEC
- Sustainability: Charting poultry’s course for continuous improvement – by Ernie Meier, director, quality systems, U.S. supply chain management, McDonald’s USA LLC
- Chicken Consumption Survey and Consumer Trends – by Chris Dubois, senior vice president and principal, IRI, and Joyce Neth, vice president, director of audience development and engagement, WATT Global Media
- Supply chain partners panel: Bouncing forward
Presented by WATT Global Media in collaboration with the National Chicken Council, the annual Chicken Marketing Summit remains a member benefit for NCC processor and allied member companies, as well as members of the National Protein and Food Distributors Association.