Explore the Top 8 Latin American feed companies producing more than 1 million metric tons in 2018.
Latin American compound feed production has continued to grow exponentially for more than a decade. In 2019, the region produced more than 167 million metric tons of feed — growing by 2.2% over 2018’s volume. According to Feed Strategy’s 2019 Top Feed Companies report, the Top 8 Latin American companies produced more than 1 million metric tons in 2018.
In 2018, eight feed producing companies topped 1 million metric tons of animal feed production.
Top 8 Latin American* feed companies by annual compound feed production (1,000 X metric tons)
BRF | Brazil: 10,506
Industrias Bachoco | Mexico: 4,290
Agrosuper Group | Chile: 3,400
JBS S.A. | Brazil: 3,000
Aurora Alimentos | Brazil: 1,440
Marfrig Group | Brazil: 1,087
GTFoods Group | Brazil: 1,000
Italcol | Colombia: 1,000
*Latin America has been defined as including Mexico, Central America and South America.
3 facts about the top Latin American compound feed producing companies*
- Latin America represents 7.8% of companies worldwide producing 1 million metric tons of compound feed or more in 2018.
- 5 of the 8 largest global compound feed manufacturing countries hail from Brazil, the third largest feed producing country in the world.
- Latin American feed production accounts for 16% of total global compound feed production.
Source: WATT Global Media’s Top Feed Companies database
*Based on 2018 data
Read more in Feed Strategy’s World’s Top Feed Companies issue and keep an eye out for the 2020 Top Feed Companies report in the September issue of Feed Strategy. You can also learn more about each of the companies highlighted in this infographic – and others – in the World’s Top Feed Companies database, which our editors update throughout the year to provide detailed information to our audience.
4 facts about Latin American compound feed production
- Latin America accounts for 16% of total world compound feed production, 167.9 million metric tons in 2019.
- Latin America’s Top 8 feed producing companies account for 14% of the region’s production.
- Latin America feed production increased by 2.2% in 2019 over 2018.
- Brazil (No. 3) and Mexico (No. 6) rank in the Top 10 largest global compound feed producing countries.
Source: Alltech’s 2020 Global Feed Survey and WATT Top Feed Company database