The American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) will host its free Feed Production Education Program on Jan. 28, as part of the International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) in Atlanta, GA. The half-day session is back by popular demand and is ideal for feed mill managers and mill personnel.
The education session will provide updates on the following:
- Biosecurity in feed mills
- Energy management in feed mills
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FMSA) and Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration and (Safety Data Sheet requirements)
- Upcoming AFIA education and training programs
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
For the complete agenda, click here.
“This four-hour crash course will cover the various elements impacting feed production and the future outcomes to be expected,” said Gary Huddleston, AFIA manager of feed manufacturing safety and environmental affairs. “Anyone who works with the manufacturing of animal feed will leave the program with a better understanding of the proposed changes brought on by FMSA, SDS requirements and VFD.”
Huddleston will announce AFIA and Feedstuffs’ Feed Mill of the Year Award winner and runner up during the program.
To register online, visit www.ippexpo.org. On-site registration will also be available.